"Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision and relentlessly drive it to completion."
Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO of General Electric Co
- Successfully planned and delivered technology solutions, services, and operating performance at 121 company locations in the US, Canada, and Mexico resulting in the highest performing service region globally in Q4 2009 while reducing the annual North American IS service spend by $9M and increasing customer satisfaction from 84% to 92%
- Planned and lead the optimization of Data Center and Server services, Network, HelpDesk, and Client environments to support the consolidation and migration of 19 ERP systems to a single SAP instance, delivered to 121 locations, with no missed “go-live” targets and no unplanned infrastructure related service interruptions.
- Developed and refined the North American Merger, Acquisition & Divestiture (MA&D) Process. Authored the Risk Management and Finance sections of the Global Acquisition Handbook and supported corporate strategic growth initiatives by planning and directing the successful IT integration of 5 acquired companies (22 business locations)
- Successfully represented business and IT objectives and interests of North America in the development and renegotiation of a global IT outsourcing agreement, working as part of a global executive management team, that reduced global IT service costs by $65M annually.
- Identified IT process improvements and innovation opportunities. Managed the resulting projects to improve service delivery, add value and optimize IT investments. Designed and implemented formal process improvement projects to increase the operating efficiency of the North American Desk Side and Help Desk organizations, reducing quality issues by 9% and increasing customer satisfaction ratings by 13%.
- Designed the operating strategy and successfully managed an international team responsible for implementing and supporting a Global IS Support Desk function with an active caller base of 63,000 customers in 18 major countries. Overcame cultural, political, and operational obstacles to implement a common global Help Desk solution improving first call resolution rate and reducing problem case life cycles by 37% while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Served as a key contributor to the planning, implementation and operation of IT as a Regional IT Shared Services organization. This new re-engineered North American organization operated more effectively and efficiently with a mission of “business enablement” and resulted in a $24.3M reduction in annual IT operating cost.
- Instrumental in the design and implementation of a “Service Catalog” service model providing a menu of services and a “Unit/ Pricing” model, offering flexible, best fit service and pricing options for internal customers.
- Developed and successfully executed a plan to re-engineer all company IS related business processes and replace all legacy application systems and technologies with a fully integrated ERP application suite.
- Established a full service IT organization from the ground up. Eliminated company dependency on external development services reducing annual system development and support costs by 31% and project durations by 22%.
- Planned , evaluated, selected, and implemented an integrated business application solution to support the performance goals of the Product Support & Field Service Divisions effectively increasing high margin repair and rebuild service capacity, capability and reliability and reducing turn-around time for customer owned assets by 67%.
- Developed a Program Portfolio Weighting and Measurement methodology providing visibility into, and control of project completion %. Managed the entire project portfolio (averaging 300+ projects per year) resulting in exceeding annual performance completion goals by 6% and previous year’s project performance by 14%
- Conducted the turn-around of under-performing incumbent IS organization, realigning structure, orientation, and operating model, increasing user satisfaction, service availability and reliability, and organizational credibility. Improved service availability from an annual average of 71.05 % (1995 level) to 2001 annual average of 99.97 %
- Developed, implemented and managed a formal performance tracking and management reporting process providing detailed visibility into areas requiring focus and improvement utilizing a formal methodology of Key Performance Indicators , Service Level Agreements and trend analysis.
- Established a formal service request system and process to request, propose, manage and track out-of-scope services. System and process managed over 300 major service projects per year with an average annual value of $9.7M.
- Successfully designed, implemented and managed the Americas Region IS Help Desk providing Single Point of Contact Help Desk services to 12,000 internal users, in 79 locations in North America. Managed a staff of 41 IS professionals providing 24X7X364 multilingual support services in all hardware, software, and business applications service areas
- Successfully lead the implementation of a fully integrated ERP system mitigating Y2K risks and significantly improving operating and financial control
- Served as Data Security Manager on all Department of Defense related “black projects” and held Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.